Starting in Las Vegas and Ending in San Francisco
This package covers California’s most popular national parks. Visitors with enough time often complement their Grand Circle tour with this tour which follows the Owens Valley along the dramatic eastern flank of California’s Sierra Nevada mountains.
Trip Planner Details
- California National Parks: Coverage includes Death Valley National Park, Yosemite National Park, and an optional side trip to Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Parks (which are adjacent to each other). Sequoia features the world’s largest trees.
- Nevada Highlights: include Hoover Dam, Valley of Fire State Park, and selected attractions for Las Vegas. Information is also included for Arizona’s Grand Canyon Skywalk (the glass-bottomed walkway) which is easily reached from Las Vegas.
- Owens Valley Highlights: include side trips to the famous ghost town of Bodie and the White Mountain Bristlecone Pine Forest, site of the world’s oldest living things. The transition from Owens Valley to Yosemite Valley is via the spectacular Tioga Road which goes over Tioga Pass and across Yosemite’s beautiful Tuolumne Meadows.
- Bay Area Highlights: include dozens of suggestions for touring San Francisco, the Napa/Sonoma Wine Country north of the city, and a segment of the highly scenic North Coast.
- At least one week minimum is recommended for this trip if you wish to cover all the highlights. Sequoia/Kings Canyon is a lengthy side trip on this route.
- View Route Map (Google Map)
- Package contains 26 pages of detailed info including 13 attraction sites, has 187 web links for additional info, 28 lodging/dining recommendations in 10 locales, 11 campgrounds.