Starting in Rapid City, SD and Ending in Salt Lake City, UT
One of our most requested tours. Includes option to start and end in Denver, Colorado. Also, ideal for cross-country travelers (going west on I-90 and east on I-80). Package includes details for the Black Hills of South Dakota.
Trip Planner Details
- Yellowstone and Grand Teton National Parks: Extensive discussion on how to tour these famous parks and what are the best things to see, based on our numerous personal experiences. Side trips are described below by state.
- South Dakota Highlights: include Badlands National Park, Minuteman Missile National Historic Site, Wall Drug (America’s most famous roadside stop), the historic old west towns of Deadwood and Lead, and the Black Hills featuring:
- Mt. Rushmore National Memorial
- Peter Norbeck Scenic Byway (via the famous Iron Mountain Road)
- Custer State Park (where the buffalo roam)
- Crazy Horse Memorial
- Jewel Cave National Monument
- Wind Cave National Park
- Mammoth Site Museum in Hot Springs
- Other Wyoming Highlights: include Devils Tower National Monument, the old west town of Cody featuring the famous Cody Nite Rodeo, Wyoming Dinosaur Center and Dig Sites, Hot Springs State Park, Jackson and the Teton Village Ski Resort (tram operates in summer), Fossil Buttes National Monument, and Fort Bridger State Park.
- Montana Highlights: include Little Bighorn Battlefield National Monument (Custer’s Last Stand), the Beartooth Highway, and the historic towns of Virginia City/Nevada City.
- Colorado Highlight: Rocky Mountain National Park.
- Utah Highlight: Salt Lake City attractions.
- At least two weeks minimum are recommended for this trip. Sufficient materials are provided for a longer trip.
- View Route Map (Google Map)
- Package contains 36 pages of detailed info including 23 attraction sites, has 160 web links for additional info, 23 lodging/dining recommendations in 17 locales, 12 campgrounds. (Equivalent to a $50 customized package.)